Friday 16 September 2016

Song decided

We finally chose a song that we would do which is Kid Cudi Day N Nite


We chose this song because it helped us follow the guide lines to a making our music video. These were that it must be appropriate and not to explicit. Although the song is Hip Hop its slightly unconventional to hop hop. This is because it does not display a large amount of wealth, half naked girls, or a group or gang of affiliated people. Instead it shows a more deep and intimate relationship between the artist and his surroundings. Upon more research on the song this quote made by Kid Cudi himself. 

"My uncle that I lived with passed in 2006. We were actually beefing because he forced me out the house when I didn’t have another situation set up, so I was bitter. I never apologized for it, and that kills me. That’s why I wrote "Day 'n' Nite." If he wasn’t there to let me stay with him those first few months, there would be no Kid Cudi. It fucked me up watching him go, but it was like, "I have to fulfill this destiny now for sure." Things were moving but they weren’t solidified yet. I had "Day ’n’ Nite," we were just getting started, and I was like, "This shit has got to pop off." I wasn’t taking no for an answer."

No comments:

Post a Comment